The first University of the Arctic Extractive Industries PhD Course of 2015, was held at Memorial University in St. John’s, NL, Canada, from May 3-10. The theme is “Social Responsibility and Enterprise.” A draft outline and overview of the course is attached. A few key points to note:
1. As in the past, registration and funding is limited to participants based at or registered at participating Canadian and Norwegian universities. The course will require students to register at Memorial University–details on this to follow, but the course number is listed in the outline and hosted in the Faculty of Business Administration at Memorial.
2. Participation is also limited by available funding–student admission to the course is to be determined based on: qualifying PhD students; funding eligibility; and commitment to completing the UArctic certificate program (details in document).
3. Student participants are requested to provide an expression of interest, based on the form attached, by March 15. We’ll contact interested parties with details on registration thereafter.
4. Expressions of interest from network members interested in leading seminars is also requested. Again, participant funding is limited based on numbers and eligibility.
5. We included a Labrador field component, but this, with a limited number of participants. At the tail end of the course.
For more information on the course, please contact Arn Keeling (firstname.lastname@example.org), Gord Cooke (email@example.com) and/or Travor Brown (firstname.lastname@example.org). For questions on funding eligibility, please contact Gunhild Hoogenson Gjorv, (email@example.com).
**NEW** MUN May/15 course schedule: UArcticBusiness 9932 – public sched
For readings, photos and a description of our Labrador excursion, see here.